Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

A set with an arbitrary binary operation is called a magma.

A set of dots with a set of arrows between them is called a quiver.

A category is a quiver with a binary operation on the arrows obeying some conditions.

Is there a name for quivers with an arbitrary binary operation on the arrows (that doesn't have to obey any conditions)?

share|cite|improve this question
Do you have any evidence that this concept is meaningful enough to deserve a name? – Rasmus Oct 2 '12 at 14:34

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.