Sign up ×
Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. It's 100% free, no registration required.

If you set a ruler on a table, it will flat with an angle of zero. But if you raise one end up, the angle will change (along with some other things). I'm looking for a function that given the height of the ruler raised what will the angle be.

an image

share|cite|improve this question

1 Answer 1

up vote 1 down vote accepted

$\sin(\theta)=\frac{x}{12}$ so $\theta=\arcsin(\frac{x}{12})$

share|cite|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.