Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I remember there is some name for a special topology on a set, such that every subset is open i.e. every point forms an open set, but I cannot recall it.

Please tell me its name or say I am wrong.


share|cite|improve this question
up vote 8 down vote accepted

I believe it is called the Discrete Topology.

share|cite|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.