Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I used to know a term for pair of pants, but perhaps there is none. It looks like this also.

share|cite|improve this question
I was amused to find that the wikipedia page for "Trousers" does, in fact, have your wikipedia page as a disambiguation. – Jeff Aug 1 '12 at 12:56
up vote 1 down vote accepted

You could call it a "pretzel", as shown on I've also heard it called a "trophy".

share|cite|improve this answer
it don't looks like pretzel, maybe it homeomorphic to it. – Alder Aug 1 '12 at 13:10
I guess there is no other name. – Alder Aug 1 '12 at 13:13
I have also heard (and used) trinion, in some conformal field theory papers (we often manipulate Riemann surfaces in 2d CFT). – Bruno Le Floch Aug 1 '12 at 13:37

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.