Sign up ×
Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. It's 100% free, no registration required.

According to Wikipedia, "a bridge in an undirected graph is an edge whose deletion increases the number of connected components. Equivalently, an edge is a bridge if and only if it is not contained in any cycle."

Suppose I have a multigraph $G=(V,E)$ with two vertices $u,v \in V$ with $k$ edges between them, such that if the $k$ edges are deleted, the the number of connected components of $G$ increases.

Is there a name for the $k$ edges that has been used in the literature?

(I would think the best name would be "multi-bridge".)

share|cite|improve this question

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.