Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

According to Wikipedia, "a bridge in an undirected graph is an edge whose deletion increases the number of connected components. Equivalently, an edge is a bridge if and only if it is not contained in any cycle."

Suppose I have a multigraph $G=(V,E)$ with two vertices $u,v \in V$ with $k$ edges between them, such that if the $k$ edges are deleted, the the number of connected components of $G$ increases.

Is there a name for the $k$ edges that has been used in the literature?

(I would think the best name would be "multi-bridge".)

share|cite|improve this question

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.