Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

A number written as 213 in quadral system (number system with base 4) will be

represented in hexal system (number system with base 6) as

(A) 23 (B) 39 (C) 103 (D) 303

share|cite|improve this question
Is that a question? What have you tried? – Henning Makholm Apr 24 '12 at 14:22
Transform 213 into base 10 and then the new number in base 6. – N. S. Apr 24 '12 at 14:47
up vote 2 down vote accepted

2*16 + 1*4 + 3*1 = 39
1*36 + 0*6 + 3*1 = 39
So the answer is C

share|cite|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.