Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What is the name of this shape?

Curved Trapezoid

It is basically a sector with a doughnut hole cut out of it. Just wondering if it has a proper name.

share|cite|improve this question
up vote 6 down vote accepted

This is a sector of an annulus. I would refer to it as an "annular sector".

share|cite|improve this answer
Thanks, Jim. +1. – devuxer Mar 30 '12 at 4:57

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.