Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In a 2-d plane, let $A$ be the set of all points inside a circle $C$ and $P$ be the set of all points on the perimeter of the circle $C$. Is there any generalized measure in set theory which distinguishes between two such sets ?

share|cite|improve this question
up vote 5 down vote accepted

Yes there is. It's called the Hausdorff measure.

share|cite|improve this answer

The area of A is positive, while the area of P is zero. Did you mean to distinguish between the interior of the circle and the closure of that set (i. e. the union of the perimeter and the interior)?

share|cite|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.