Why studying number theory? This is my question for the whole week. I very interested in studying number and it's properties, recently I started asking myself this question, why number theory?
• Because professor says you must.
• Because you won’t graduate if you don’t.
• Because you have to take something.
• Because it gives your mind valuable training in thinking logically.
• Because numbers might be interesting.
• Because numbers are a fundamental part of a person’s mental universe and hence worth looking into.
• Because some of the most powerful human minds that ever existed were concerned with numbers, and what powerful minds study is worth studying.
• Because you want to know everything about numbers: what makes them work and what they do.
• Because mathematics contains some beautiful things, and someone told you that number theory contained some of the most beautiful – and few of the most ugly – things.
• Because it is fun.
• Because there are still many easy-to-state unsolved problems in number theory, and that’s cool (and driving a lot of powerful minds crazy).
Well, what is my answer? Can you help me to select from the above?